Tuesday, January 17, 2017

MYSTYLE: Winter Shorts and Off the Shoulder Top!

We Floridians can break and make our own fashion rules.  Winter Shorts are my fashion rule.  I love to wear shorts, but I wanted some casual or dress up shorts.  I actually made this outfit for someone else from a vision I had for myself. They didn't like it, so I ended up with an outfit I LOVED.  The color is very vibrant and one of my favorites.   




The fabric I used is a lightweight Linen Blend from Joann Fabrics.  It's a mustard color and it flows really nice.  Below is a picture of the details of the shorts, they are pleated in the front and have darts int he back.  The Patterns I used to achieve this look is McCalls 6558 for the top, modified to add fullness and side slits.  I used Simplicity 8093 for the shorts, also modified to shorten the length of pants to shorts. 

I am very pleased with how the outfit came out and I  styled it two ways to show how I could wear it. The first look is with my Brown Suede Lainee D'Orsay Merona Pumps form Target and a thrift braided belt.  For my second look I paired my outfit with a thrift braided leather belt and my Vince Camuto Fermel' Slouch Tassel Boots.  





Happy Sewing!




2 comments :

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS