Monday, October 6, 2014

The Ultimate Pant Set: A Crimson Affair

The past couple of weeks have been a blur.  I have had so much on my plate, and I was so afraid I wouldn't meet any of my deadlines.  So after my Fathers home going celebration I jumped right into my project sewing. 

I went to a birthday party this past weekend for a dear friend and who I made a lovely dress for along with my outfit and our mutual friend.  The celebration was lovely.   Here are the details for the outfit I made for me and the inspiration which I found on Pinterest:


image

I had this lovely Ponte Roma Knit for sometime and wasn't sure exactly what I was going to make with it.  It was onsale though I do not need a reason to buy Ponte Roma Knit since it is my ultimate and most favorite fabric, but the minute I saw it on the Mood Fabric website and the price which I believe was $6.00 per yard, I had to have it.  It so blush and soft and I just love it.  

My initial ideas was to make a jumpsuit like my inspiration picture, but I thought where else would wear it and how much wear would I actually get out the jumpsuit.  So I decided to go with the a pant set instead with modifications.  


Pant Set Details, I used two different patterns to create this look:

Top:  I used  McCalls 6650, which is now out of print.  I used a Maroon colored organza for the Pussybow sash and added about 4 inches so that it would hang very long and flow when I walk.  I decided not to tapper the shoulders either, as I didn't think that would be very flattering on me. Opted to not put fringe on the sash so that the top could be used for any occasion like so:

image

Bottom:  I used my tried and true McCalls 6083, which I always get a great fit with.  I decided to make slit pockets instead of the patterned dropped pockets. I made a elastic casing for the waistband and added an inch in the length of the waist so that they hugged me a little higher on the waist.

I am so very pleased at how the entire outfit came out.  Happy Sewing!


1 comment :

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS