Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Last Week's Sewing Round Up

Here is a compilation of what I have worked on in between client projects and my home life maintenance:


Simplicity 1358 is a cute little Rayon Jersey Knit Hi-lo Tank Dress that I made for myself.  I do not wear many dresses and I am trying to incorporate dresses into my wardrobe as a stable.  I saw this pattern and thought about the fabric in my stash, I thought what a lovely, springy dress this could be:




Simplicity 1355 made for my client.  She is loves orange just as much as I do.  This fabric was in my stash as well.  I think I got it from Joann's and immediately when she saw it, she begged for it.  I don't often offer up my stash fabric, as it is my special little something I do for myself, but I did agree to share with her since I had more than enough yardage to use for myself.  Won't happen often:




McCalls 6848,  Low Bank Tank Dress/Romber.  I was introduced to this pattern by Mimistyle.  She did an excellent free tutorial using this pattern with instructions of modify it from a short romper to a dress for her collaboration DIY with Michael Levine.  This too was client make, and she was very happy with it.  Though I cringe at the thought of matching up patterns, I especially hate matching up chevrons, and I shared my dislike with her.  She was fine with it:   


Simplicity 1368, the Circle Skirt with an Elastic Waistband.  This is the last of the client sewing this past week.  This is cotton fabric and as simple as can be.  I made the the top out of the fabric scraps.  She was so pleased: 




Happy Sewing. 

18 comments :

  1. Awesome Melanie! I love them all, but I must see if I have S1355 and S1358..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week. LOVE the red dress and the bra top and shorts, oh so tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Wow, Melanie; you did an amazing job on all of them. You are a fast sewer like Nakisha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia. Sometimes I am better than others.

      Delete
  4. wow! you're on a roll! great job on all of them , love the simpelness of the high/low S1355, is it still in print?

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Simplicity 1355 is gorgeous! I love the color. You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on each garment. I admire your patience in sewing for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L. I am not sure I have the patience either. I do it, because I love to sew and it gives me an opportunity to learn, but people get on my nerves, when they try and take you for granted.

      Delete
  7. Wow, what great dresses and skirts. I love all of them, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh Mel! You've been busy! Love ALL of these pieces! That last number...if only I could still wear that...LOVE IT! Nice additions to your wardrobe and nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man......You are just banging these garments out while I'm struggling to finish one. LOL. Yeah, super Mel! I love each garment especially that two piece polka dot and coral maxi. You inspire me hun. Keep up the great work. Happy 4th weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha, and like wise. You have inspired me to do something as well, so stay tuned. I love everything about ya friend.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS