Monday, April 7, 2014

The Polka Dot Revolution Continues - New Look 6119 and New Look 6181 - Frankenpattern

As I am sure you guys have figured out, I am a Polka-Dot-A-holic, and I don't think I can personally have too much of the stuff. 

Summer is approaching fast and so is my many vacations. I am beefing up my work wardrobe but also adding a few pieces to my summer wardrobe.  Next week is my 10th wedding anniversary and later on this year we are celebrating these 10 years married and 12 years together on a beach in Punta Cana  if the Lord sees fit.   So I want pretty outfits in every photo op.    

Here is my inspiration and final product:




I used New Look 6119 for the bodice and New Look 6181 for the bottom and the fabric is a Jersey knit.   I really like both of these patterns as they are easy to make and so many different variations.


Happy Sewing!

19 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversry.. Hope you have a great time.
    Love your new polka dot dress..it is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Melanie this dress is gorgeous hunty, gorgeous! I will have to pick up both patterns.. I feel you about the polka dots, because I am the same with stripes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric! It is a cute dress for the summer! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice frankenpattern. Congrats to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You definitely need to post photos of yourself modeling the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word! I love red! & I love polka dots love love love it! and happy Anniversary! hope oyu have a fantastic trip!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your creation more than the inspiration piece. The red is sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG....I sooo love this Mel. 10 Years!!!!! Woohoo! God bless the two of you to see many many more. Celebrate in style with this fabulous dress hun. I'm so loving it. Happy Anniversary! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha DARLING! Yes, 10 years child. Woo Wee he working me too. LOL

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary Melanie. You will look fabulous in the dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS