Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Snood/Cape/Poncho Love - Help!

I came across this lovely Snood/Cape/Poncho or whatever you want to call it on Pinterest, and immediately I fell in love.  



I decided I needed to try and recreate this for myself.  It looks easy enough right?  I did and I am pleased with my first attempt even though I look like I got on a too tight snuggy.  Hah.  I used a very thin knit, just some extra fabric I had laying around.  It didn't have the same structure, and its a little too tight but I think I have the basic pattern. I need to do some tweaking here and there. Here is my rendition:
 
 
 
 
If any of my wonderful Blogging Sisters have any suggestions, patterns, tutorials, advise, examples, to help me fine tune, please share, and I would be oh so appreciative.
 
I will be working on my finished product tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to rock this baby to a party I am attending next weekend.  It is not cold or even cool here in Orlando.  The nights are cooling off though, and we dip into the high sixty's, this should keep me nice and snuggly. 


Happy Sewing.


8 comments :

  1. I think you have done a great job for the first attempt - it is a little tight, but you know that already, so I guess your next version will have that fixed. Then the shoulders will sit better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah, I'm working on the next attempt.

      Delete
  2. Simplicity 2735 should work. Omit the seams (tape the pieces to gether when you cut it out) both on the fold and add your hood you already have. When I need a hood I use a "robe" hood. Adjust the size down for knits if you need to. Also, I would recommend a Ponte de Roma doubled or Sweatshirt fleece fabric for this type of project. You need a little more thickness in your fabric. Hope this helps! I like this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I will give that a try. I do think this will work.

      Delete
  3. That ones not bad Melanie. Can't wait to see your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on Pinterst and thought of you. But of course I saw it after you mentioned you were already working on your project, so I did not mention it. Not sure if you have worked out the kinks on this (which by the way looks GREAT) yet or not, but here is the link if it would help. It's for a baby cape, but see how the shape spans out...

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/250723904228897118/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS