Saturday, September 28, 2013

No Pattern Batwing Top!

I needed a quickie project to get my mojo back.  I wanted something simple but rewarding.  Since I love tops and can't seem to get enough of them I thought a simple top would do the trick, and it did.  I had a yard and a half of Red Ponte Roma Knit (my drug of choice), and so I decided to make a quick top with it.  I used a Tshirt that fits me well and just traced it extending the arms to a length right above my elbow.
 
For some odd reason I have sewn a lot of red, so I need to get away from it a bit, but it is a great fall color that can go good with both light and dark colors well.



I love the fit.
 
 
Happy Sewing!

4 comments :

  1. Very nice top Melanie - and you do look good in red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faye its one of my favorite fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red is good...make that great and you can NEVER have to much! I see you...draftin' your own patterns! Okay...okay! Your top turned out very nice and you are wearing it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GodsgirlT, I'm trying to get to your level dear. I love everything you sew. Again, Thanks.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS