Sunday, July 21, 2013

July - Top/Blouse Emphasis Month: Butterick 5497

I am really pleased at how this top turned out.  Its a little snug in the waist, but I plan to take it out and readjust the seams a little to make it work.  I was a little concerned with the top portion because while cutting it out it didn't seam it would fit over my "D's", but it fit just right.   The color is amazing and even prettier than I thought when I first picked it up.  I bought the fabric from a thrift store, and it was tubed, so I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it when I purchased it.  A few yards for a $1.00 I couldn't turn it down. 
 





Quickie Pattern Review:

Pattern:   Butterick 5497 (View B)

Sizes:     14-20 -  I cut the 14 my RTW is a 10.

Directions:   Super easy and straight forward, scale of 1-10 on difficulty, I would give it a 2.

Changes:   I omitted the elastic in the waist or empire seam.  After I put it on it really wasn’t needed and I think it would have just given me extra bulk in that ear. I read over the pattern before starting and I had to refer back to it a couple of times due when I got to putting in the back neck binding.  Other than that, it was pretty easy to do and straight forward.


Would I make it again:  Yes, in a couple of colors or prints, I like it enough.


Happy creating.

2 comments :

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS