Thursday, January 3, 2013

Starting 2013 with a Plan and a Bang! Operation Get Organized?

I have been sewing in our bedroom the last couple of months.  My sewing room has been in no condition for sewing.  I pretty much trashed it a few weeks before Thanksgiving looking for my misplaced zipper foot (that has yet to be found).
 
Before then, I was sewing in our upstairs loft area which is generally our boys video game hang out area.  While one son was in college and the other in the military and our youngest locked in his room all the time it was the perfect place to spread out and sew (make a mess).   Once the boys got home for the holidays I was kicked out of the loft.  
 
So last night began Operation Get Organized.  I completely tore up my sewing room from top to bottom.  I then began organizing my fabrics by type and color.
 
 
 
 
 
Yep, those are my classes on the floor, actually under the couch, that I couldn't find.  LOL.   I am so very motivated, and excited about this year.  My head is filled with so many ideas that I feel its going to explode.  So, stay tuned.
 
 

 

6 comments :

  1. Good start of the year. Looking forward to your creations this year. Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aminat, Happy New Year dear. I have been missing you lately. Hope to see your creations soo too.

      Delete
  2. Love getting organized to start the year! I did the same thing last week and felt so much better about the road ahead. I can see what I have now--I'm hoping it's half the battle. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vita, I feel so much better about getting started with my sewing projects. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have a great plan for this year! I've been working on organization myself. p.s. I love your red couch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, Hi again. I think I have a plan, lets see what happens. The red couch use to be my favorite until my 3 teenage boys got to it. Its not in our Loft upstairs and we all use it as the flop couch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS