Friday, January 18, 2013

I Was Nomited for the Liebster Award!

Good morning. 

I am thrilled.  I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Regina Gee.  She is one of my many SEWING SHERO'S.  I follow her blog diligently and love her creations.  She is also a cutie pie. 

The Liebster Award is awarded to blogs with less than 200 readers to bring them into the limelight and hopefully increase their readership. 

 The Rules:

Nominate up to 5 other blogs and ask them 11 questions of your own.
Post 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator

My Nominee:
 
Candice of Sewmytime:






She does beautiful work, and is a military wife who gets to travel.  I love to see her creations, and hopefully if time permits she will sew more and grace us with her beautiful garments.

11 questions to my Nominee Candice:

1. Why did you start your blog?
2. At what level in your sewing do you consider yourself?
3. Do you have any other craft related hobbies?
4. Do you sew for others?
5. What do you the most about sewing?
6. What do you like the least about sewing?
7. What is your favorite fabric?
8. Who is your favorite designer? 
9. What sewing skill would you like to master?  1
10. What sewing task do you dislike? 1
11. How many patterns to you own?

My 11 facts:

1.      I am a U.S. Army Veteran, I served 8 years.
2.      My only biological son, is a Sophomore in College training to become an Air Traffic Manager and Commercial Pilot.
3.      I am a Commercial Litigation Paralegal.
4.      I was born and raised in Orlando, FL.
5.      I love to sew, knit and cross-stitch.
6.      I still consider myself a modest sewer.
7.      I spend way too much looking at others blogs instead of blogging on my own blog.
8.      I have over 20 garments cut out and ready to sew but find little time for sewing.
9.      I do a fall craft fair every year in Orlando and I wait to the last possible minute to prepare myself.
10.  I love couture
11.  My life's dream is to own a small storefront boutique where I sell my items and others.

11 questions from my Nominator:

1. Why did you start a blog? To chronicle my sewing journey and to hold myself accountable.
2. What age did you start sewing? Around 7 or 8, sewing doll clothes and quilting with my Great Aunt.
3. What is your favorite sewing project? Handbags and purses.
4. What is your favorite fabric? Ponte Roma Knit, YUM!
5. Do you own a serger? Yes, a Brother 1043D
6. Do you have a craft library? No, not really.
7. Who is your favorite designer? It changes almost daily I think, but right now, I would say Tory Burch.
8. Do you sew for others? Yes, minimally.
9. What sewing skill would you like to master? Everything there is to know, but mostly lining garments, I find lining garment tedious, and so I try hard not too.
10. What sewing task do you dislike? Linings, and cutting patterns.
11. How many patterns do you own? Very few actually, I would say less than 50.


3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. No problem Chica, I missed checking you out. Hope you been sewing, can't wait to see your creations.

      Delete
  2. Congrats Melanie on the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS