Monday, November 5, 2012

NATURALLY SPEAKING!

I've been on a natural hair journey for a little over a year now.  I don't conform to a regular regiment with my hair as a lot of my naturalistic sisters do.  My version of natural is no chemicals, no heat.  Though I do use a color rinse, just to tame my grey edges.  Not that I mind being grey and will embrace it as I transition.   But right now it is more of a bozo the clown grey than my whole head.  So for now, I will continue to rinse dark brown color in my hair.

 
Any who, the reason for this post is to give a little more insight into to my journey.  On my next birthday, I proudly will turn 45 years young.  I am looking forward to being older and wiser, and hopefully I will exude how beautiful I feel inside, on the outside.

2 comments :

  1. I went natural a few years back, but I did it for someone else. So of course I went retreated back to the ease and comfort of relaxers. You look beautiful and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DawnSSL, its a work in progress. I did it because I have processed and treated my hair with chemicals for over 25 years. It got to the point that the more I treated it the more I needed too. I am thinning bad at the crown of my head, and my hair is weak, stringy, fragile. You name it. I may never have fully healthy hair again, but I would like to save the few strands I have left.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS